Ballon is a sophisticated and progressive agency for player representation. Our roots are founded in the beautiful game though with capabilities and interests in other sports. The United Kingdom is our main ‘back yard’ but our Directors have firm footholds in Turkey, Romania and mainland Europe. However, our activities are truly global, with a wealth of connections – the envy of others. Our unique commercial skills have become our trademark in an industry where being that one step ahead makes the difference to success. Ballon Sports concentrates on: intermediary services for players seeking new opportunities and contracts; wrap around full welfare service for our clients, including career management and branding; training camps and talent showcasing; and video and traditional CV design and publishing for athletes. FA Intermediary IMS003597.
Video filmed at today’s suberb performance at EP:
“If I say so myself, for a fledgling agency, the calibre of players exceeds our expectations. We have an abundance of goalkeepers, young and with international caps. I blame this on both Russ and myself who both have sons that have played in nets.
Today at a National League North fixture. The UK is our natural heartland through the levels of the football pyramid. Our overseas expertise and talent comes from Turkey, Romania and this year Bulgaria. We have access to seasoned professionals and young players from South America. A striker from Poland. And Russ has unearthed two New Zealand internationals which are available now.
All I would say is that I encourage any Clubs to make enquiries. It costs nothing but time to make an initial enquiry to Ballon.”
An interesting insight by experienced data analysts and economists was found in reading “Soccernomics” by Kuper and Szymanski (2012). This the updated version to the original text in ‘Why England lose’.
At Ballon Sports Agency, Russ and Adrian recognise value in analysis and many of our co-founder’s students have entered such roles in EFL and Non-league appointments.
For thought provoking purposes only, we cite a few of the findings from the authors’ sample and dataset.
- More heads are better than one in making that final decision
- The best time to buy a player is when he/she is in his/her early twenties (note to Ed. we added both genders here as we are proud to represent female players at Ballon)
- Try not to buy centre forwards
- Help new recruits especially foreign players with ‘on boading’ and settling in
- Sell any player if offered more than he/she is worth
- Abstinence – sometimes a Club might not need to recruit through transfers
- Traditional scouting might miss talent from a fixation on one outstanding (in appearance eg. hair colour etc) on the field of play
- Replace your best players before you sell them
- Buy players with problems and help them overcome them.
Tell us what you think?
Ballon is a trading name of FC Sports Marketing Limited
Company Reg: 7355708
Registered Office: Marion House 62A Stockport Road Cheadle Stockport Cheshire SK8 2AF.
Registered in England & Wales and a Company Registered: 11216685 named Ballon Sports Limited.
FA Intermediary IMS003579
More at: www.ballonsportsagency.com